The following Information and Code of Conduct apply to all vendors:
- The market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. each Saturday of the season. Vendors are expected to be set up for 8:30 a.m. and cannot start breaking down their stall until 12:30 p.m. Selling goods before 8:30 a.m. is prohibited.
- Each vendor is responsible for the safety of market patrons. If a vendor wishes to erect a canopy or umbrella, it must be sufficiently weighted to ensure it does not blow away during high winds. Vendors are also responsible for the security of displays, signs, cords, etc. Anyone using gas fueled appliances must have a fire extinguisher on site. The Almonte Farmers Market is insured through Farmers Markets Ontario, in case of accident.
- Each vendor is responsible for the cleanup of their stall area at the end of each day.
- Full time vendors will pay their seasonal fee of $175 at the first market. Seasonal vendors will pay $25/day to the Treasurer, at the beginning of each market.
- There is a probation period of 4 weeks for new vendors. At this point, the Executive shall review the status of each new vendor. The Executive has the authority to dismiss a vendor at this point, providing reason for their dismissal. The applicant will receive a reimbursement less $25/day for the days attended.
- A maximum of two businesses are allowed per stall. Those sharing a stall will pay an total annual fee of $290.
- Directors of the Almonte Farmers Market have the right to inspect the premise of each applicant.
- Vendors are not allowed to smoke at their stall.
- We are a producer-based market. This means that the producer(s) must be present at market. This means that employees, friends, relatives are not allowed to vend on behalf of the producer(s). Exceptions will be made for sickness, special occasions or other extenuating circumstances.
- A vendor can only re-sell farm goods (i.e fruit, honey, syrup) if no other vendor at the market has the same goods of their own for sale. If re-selling, the goods being sold must be purchased directly from the producer. Crafts and non-perishable items (excluding honey) cannot be re-sold.
- Returning vendors must commit to their attendance in the upcoming market season by February 28.
Code of Conduct
All produce, crafts, horticultural products and all other products being offered for sale have been produced by them within 100 km of the Almonte Farmers’ Market. This warranty is a condition precedent for the acceptance of any vendor.
The Almonte Farmers’ Market holds a Basket Draw once a month. Vendors each donate an item of their choice, or a voucher to be redeemed at their stall, to go into the basket.
Vendors are expected to show up at market on a consistent basis. Vendors are expected to give as much notice as possible if they are going to be absent. Regular absences may result in that vendor not being allowed to return the following season.
No vendor or patron of the Almonte Farmers Market will be subject to harassment, threatening or inappropriate behaviour of any kind. Participants in this behavior will be given a written warning. If the behavior continues, that person will be asked to leave the market and not return.